Monday 25 August 2008

Return to Wembley



After visiting Wembley Stadium last month, I returned again last week to watch a live international football match. It was the first time I’ve watched an international game live, though I’ve been watching them on television since I was very young.

In truth, the game between England and the Czech Republic was far from great (unless you were a Czech fan), but Wembley was. The Stadium is fantastic, and I was lucky enough to sample its first class hospitality in the FA Club. Six hours flew by.

I’ve now acquired a recording of that old mystery movie The Arsenal Stadium Mystery, and I’m looking forward to watching it. But it’s safe to say that the film-makers and football watchers of the 1930s could never have dreamed of the 21st century wonder that is Wembley.

No comments: