Wednesday 8 October 2008

Audio and Waterloo Sunset

I’ve just received my author copies of the audio version of Waterloo Sunset. Published by Soundings, this is an unabridged set of tapes, with a total running time of eleven hours, and is aimed at the library market. The reader is Gordon Griffin, a very experienced actor who has read a number of my books for audio.

This is the seventh of my novels to be adapted for audio, and the fifth in succession, which is gratifying. I don’t always listen to them in full, but it’s certainly an intriguing experience to hear one’s own words read by an accomplished actor.

Meanwhile, Waterloo Sunset has received an extremely positive review in the Law Society’s Gazette (‘an entertaining and delightful thriller…fast-paced…a fun and compelling yarn’.) Very generous, really, since as the reviewer pointed out, I did tke the risk of teasing the Gazette by causing Harry to crack a sardonic joke at the magazine’s expense!

No comments: